Wednesday, August 8, 2012

First day of School

First day of school!!

Lola didn't get her way, so we DID walk her in to her class and did NOT drop her off outside as requested. We walked to her class, hung up her backpack outside the door, she walked in, sat down and we walked back out to the car. Very uneventful, not that I expected any issues, but this happened all to quickly for me. The one regret I have is that we didn't even get a hug goodbye. It was all so fast that I didn't realize it until we were in the car. I thought about it all day though.



It was very quiet at the house while she was at school and I got a lot done. Saylor took a nap and enjoyed being the center of attention. In fact, she laughed at us without even having to tickle her. It was very cute!


(yes we are in the car, NO we are not breaking the law! The car was parked and Jeff was in Panera getting tea....shocker right....lol)

But even with the new normal at home,  I was anxious to go back at 2pm to pick her up. We waited in our first pick up line. She walked out the doors with her backpack on her back and she looked so BIG!



She got in and I started the interrogation.....this is what I got after every question I asked. "Mom, I ate my sandwich and John (name changed for his sake...lol) had to sit in Tucker Turtle Time Out for not keeping his hands to himself." Well thanks for the info, but I could have told you that you ate your sandwich based on your empty container AND I don't care about someone else's kid that I do not know sitting in time out....ugh! Later in the day she told me one more piece of information...."I ate lunch with Milo, Reagan, Corbin and Mason"....to which I questioned several times as only Corbin is in her class and I thought they ate in their classrooms. Well, she informed me that this was only a "story" and she actually only ate with Corbin. We had a little chat about lying after that "story". Either way, I still have no information as to what she did, how she did or anything that happened between 9am-2pm, but she is ready to go back on Friday. So, all in all it was a success :)



No comments:

Post a Comment