Friday, September 16, 2011

Lola-isms

So, I do realize that not everyone will find the things that Lola says funny.....so if you don't just pass on through because that is what this post is about. She makes me laugh and I love her for that. 

She has a teddy bear with a cast on it's leg that her Aunt Jenn gave her when she broke her foot earlier this year. She came up to me today carrying it and asked, "Was I a talking baby when I got this bear?" Simply, put she couldn't remember when she got it and needed to be reminded, "Yes you were a talking baby, you got it when you broke your foot." "Oh, Yeah" is all she says and moves on. 

Jeff always tells her that she was in God's pocket when we got married (she doesn't quite fully understand marriage yet, except that she has been in a wedding and is going to be in another in September). Today, she asked me, "Mom, how did I fit in God's pocket?" Of course, Jeff is out of town for this one and he is the one that made up the pocket thing in the first place. I just laughed and thankfully something else caught her attention. 

She also asked if she could look in my mouth like the doctor does to her, so I obliged. She says, "Mom, I see your bumper." Huh, what in the world is a bumper? And then it hits me, she means Uvula (medical term for the thing that hangs down in the back of your throat, just sounds gross typing it). Anywho, I looked up the medical term, so not to confuse anyone. :)

And last but not least, I bought her a pack of nerds (ok, so I bought them for me, but had to share). We get to the car and she asks if she can have one of the treats we bought. "What are those called mom?" I replied "Nerds". She then has this disgusted look on her face and says, "No they are not Mom that is disgusting." So clearly she has gotten confused and replaced the "N" with "T", both words we do not say in our home as we have no need. I try not to laugh because I now realize she thinks I have called them "Terds" and is reluctant to eat them. Bahaha!! 

She also said to me today, "Mom I ask too many questions, don't I?" I want to say "Yes", but don't as I never want her to stop being inquisitive or to think that any question is stupid. 
Thank you Aunts for teaching her "Girls Rule"
(along with her own personal gang sign)
Rain is so much fun
"Splish Splash"

Needless to say, we really don't have a dull moment in our house. And, we cannot make stuff up as she is so smart that she will call you out or ask you way more questions than you thought imaginable for a 3 year old. It is her best quality and at times pushing me to my patience limit for the day. But she sure is cute!!

1 comment:

  1. Love "Lola-isms!" MJD has some things I've recorded him saying and it's so sweet to look back on. Awesome boots!

    ReplyDelete