Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes or LOLA

Today is my brothers birthday and Lola wanted to send him a "Happy Birthday" message on video. So, she sang Happy Birthday and then I asked if she wanted to say anything else. This is what she chose to say, "I love my aunts". Bahaha....scratch that video and make a new one. She says the strangest things at the strangest times and all with a straight face.  (Note: video clip is unedited...just fair warning)


Then, yesterday we told her we were going to drop daddy off at the airport so he can go to work in St. Louis (not an unusual occurrence) and then he would drive back to Florida with grandma. Lola's response, "Your bringing Papa too right." Jeff explained that Papa had to stay to watch their dogs and work. Who forgot to check with Lola on this situation? Her response, "Oh, well call Aunt Anna, she can watch their dogs and then you can bring Papa too." She has a solution for everything.


And last story for the day as she is waking up from a nap and I won't have much time left to myself. She asked if I would play "house" with her yesterday and I was dubbed the "grandma". She had all of these stuffed animals (some of which she explained to me were pets and others were people..LOL). I don't know who the mom was, but she kept talking to the mom. "Mom can you watch Mia", "Mom can we go to the store", etc. all while she was looking at me. So, as not to ignore her, I would respond. And she would quickly correct me saying, "Mom your the grandma, not the mom" "Mom, I'm not talking to you", etc. What kind of game was this (how can I confuse my real mom). I failed miserably...finally she told me I didn't need to play anymore. I literally laughed out loud at the fact that I screwed up miserably while playing "house".

1 comment:

  1. She IS a riot and absolutely adorable! You are going to be so pleased you captured all these funny little stories when she gets older. I have never been able to get a video to work...did you use your fancy html knowledge for that too?!? :)

    ReplyDelete