Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sometimes it's better to laugh

Lola came to me today so excited, "Mom come see what I made." Sounded innocent enough, BUT as Lola's mom I know that my child is very creative and independent. She has also been in the playroom/ craft room quietly for quite some time, which is my fault. So, she grabs my hand drags me in the room and says, "Look I glued papers together." Oh my, yes you did with an ENTIRE bottle of brand new never opened glue. The dilemma is whether I praise her for the wonderful picture she made that is never ever going to dry or discipline her for not asking before she decided to get into this sticky mess. Well, the whole situation caught me off guard and as I am trying to explain why she shouldn't get into it without asking, a giggle starts coming out and there is no way out of laughing out loud. 



She realized on her own that she had made a mistake. Thank you God for showing me that sometimes discipline can come out on its own and I do not always have to be scolding my child for creativity. At least she was using her brain and not "glued" to the tv screen. Sorry I had to!!

1 comment:

  1. She dis a great job :) And it is better than her "gluing" things to the t.v. too!

    ReplyDelete